Scholarships 2011 in Mining Engineering and Geology at Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter, UK
Through the generous support of industrial sponsors, The Camborne School of Mines Trust, and past students and staff, we are able to offer 10+ scholarships each year to new students registered full-time on Camborne School of Mines (CSM) degree programmes at the Cornwall Campus. The scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of academic merit and are worth £2000 per year for the duration of your degree programme (subject to satisfactory academic performance). Payment is in two instalments per year.
All applicants to CSM undergraduate degree programmes are eligible to apply for CSM Undergraduate Scholarships.
- BSc Applied Geology
- BSc Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- BEng Mining Engineering
- BSc/MEng Renewable Energy
You should NOT apply until you have received a conditional or unconditional offer from UCAS, but before the stated deadline. To apply, complete a CSM Undergraduate Scholarships 2011 Application Form
The Camborne School of Mines Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded by a committee who meet twice a year; once at the end of March and once during October.
March Scholarship Committee meeting
In March the Committee provisionally award scholarships to the strongest applicants holding a conditional or unconditional offer from UCAS for one or more eligible undergraduate degree programmes. Provisional offers are made for the majority of scholarships at this meeting.
Decisions are based on your UCAS application and supplementary information provided on the Scholarship Application Form. Provisional scholarship offers are made to candidates with the strongest academic record, predicted/actual grades and overall potential. If successful, you will receive a provisional scholarship offer in early April before you have to confirm your firm (first choice) institution and programme with UCAS.
Scholarship offers are conditional on you selecting the associated degree programme as your firm choice with UCAS and meeting the terms of your UCAS offer.
Application deadline: March 2011
October Scholarship Committee meeting
In October the Committee review the provisional scholarship offers made in April, confirming which applicants successfully met the conditions of the provisional scholarship offer and subsequently registered on that degree programme.
Any remaining scholarships are then awarded to the strongest remaining applicants. These may be applicants who were originally considered in March but were unsuccessful, or students who applied after the deadline. Those who applied before the deadline will be automatically reconsidered in October.
If you apply for an eligible programme between March and September and are subsequently offered and take up a place, you should submit a scholarship application during the first week of term after you have registered.
Decisions are based on your UCAS application and supplementary information provided on the Scholarship Application Form, and based on actual rather than predicted grades. Offers will be made to eligible candidates with the strongest academic record and overall potential for each scholarship.
Successful candidates are notified immediately after the October meeting of the Scholarships Committee. You will receive the first instalment of your scholarship in the autumn term.
- The CSM Undergraduate Scholarships Committee reserves the right not to award all scholarships.
- The decision of the Scholarships Committee is final and it will not enter into correspondence. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
- Applicants who receive a provisional scholarship offer in early April, but who do not subsequently select the specified degree programme as their firm UCAS choice and register/study on that programme will forfeit their scholarship.
- If you do not meet the terms of our UCAS offer for the specified programme you will normally forfeit your scholarship.
- Scholarship offers are for a particular degree programme. If you transfer to another programme, you may forfeit your scholarship.
- Forfeited scholarships will be re-allocated at the October meeting of the Scholarships Committee.
- Candidates who have applied for deferred entry will not be considered until the March preceding the programme start date.
Visit official website.
691 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Scholarships 2011 in Mining Engineering and Geology at Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter, UK semoga informasi tentang Scholarships 2011 in Mining Engineering and Geology at Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter, UK ini bermanfaat.