The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships, Sweden
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly-qualified students from the countries listed below. About 120 scholarships will be awarded for studies in Sweden, starting in August 2012. The scholarship covers both living costs and tuition fees.
Please note that in order to apply for a Swedish Institute Study scholarship the student must first be admitted to a Swedish university/university college. The application period for study programs opens 1 December, 2011.
The application period for Swedish Institute Study scholarship will be March 14-25, 2012.
The program is open to candidates from two different categories of countries.
Candidates with citizenship from the following countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Within this category around 60 scholarships will be awarded.
Candidates with citizenship from countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients, with the following exceptions: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Citizens from Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine can apply within the Visby Program.
Citizens from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo and Serbia can apply within the program SI Scholarships for East Europe.
Citizens from Turkey can apply within the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Program.
Within this category around 60 scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarships are intended for studies in Sweden starting in the fall semester 2012 (August) and focus mainly on master’s level. A few scholarships will be awarded for studies at bachelor’s level.
Who is eligible?
The scholarships are intended for students from the above-mentioned target group for full time studies in Sweden. There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
Scholarships cannot be granted for students who:
- Have already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- Have a Swedish permanent residence or work permit.
- Have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for studies at Master’s level or for research at a Swedish university.
- Already hold a Master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Are currently enrolled in a study program on Bachelor’s or Master’s level at a Swedish university or university college.
How to apply for a scholarship
Prior to applying for a scholarship, the student must first apply for a study program at Master’s or Bachelor’s level via official website, an online application service for study programs in Sweden.
About 600 different study programs at Swedish universities are eligible for a scholarship. The programs have been selected by the Swedish universities and cover a wide variety of study areas.
As soon as the results of Swedish university admission have been published at official website, the online service for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships will open. Please note that only admitted students can apply for a scholarship. The scholarship application period will be March 14-25, 2012. A list of successful candidates will be published at www.studyinsweden.se and www.si.se in mid-April.
Before applying for a scholarship:
1. Apply to a study program at a Swedish university by using the online application service at www.universityadmissions.se. The application period lasts between December 1, 2011 and January 16, 2012. Please observe that the personal application number retrieved in the confirmation from your study program registration has to be used when applying for a scholarship.
2. Prepare enclosures (mandatory)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of one page maximum. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Motivation letter. Has to be completed by using the Swedish Institute template found here (available soon!).
Apply through the online application service
Apply for a scholarship through our online service here (available March 14 – March 25, 2012) by using the personal application number retrieved in the confirmation following your study program registration. Don’t forget to submit your enclosures.
Only complete applications from students who have been admitted to a study program by a Swedish university will be considered.
What happens next with my application for a scholarship?
- The Swedish Institute will evaluate your application between March 26 and April 15, 2012.
- SI will announce a list of successful scholarship candidates at www.studyinsweden.se around April 16, 2012.
- Each successful candidate will receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail and is requested to accept or reject this offer.
- Please observe that you also have to accept your place at the study program at www.universityadmissions.se.
Scholarship benefits and period
The scholarship covers both the tuition fee (which is paid directly to the Swedish university/university college by the Swedish Institute) and living expenses to the amount of SEK 8,000 per month.
The scholarship is only awarded for programs starting in the fall semester 2012 (August) and is granted for of one academic year, i.e. for two semesters at a time. It will be extended for programs longer than two semesters provided that the study results are satisfactory.
The scholarship is designed to cover living costs and study expenses for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. The granted scholarship period cannot be altered or extended beyond the study program period nor can the scholarship be transferred to another study program at a Swedish university.
SI Network for Future Global Leaders
All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders – a network that offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in Sweden. Together with other talented people from all around the world, the scholarship holder is able to take part in a variety of events, exchange ideas and create networks that benefit both to career and personal development.
Scholarship holders will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 10.000.
Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
For more information, please visit official website.
351 total views, 1 views today