Msc-PhD Scholarships from Charlotte Conservation Fellowship Program
Under the Charlotte Conservation Fellowship Program, AWF is offering scholarships for full MSc or partial Ph.D. programs with field research components that produce knowledge or insight into specific conservation challenges in the African Heartlands or Conservation in general. This year, applicants must be citizens from Democratic Republic of Congo, Southern Sudan, South Africa, Zambia, Niger, Benin and Burkina Faso. Women who meet the eligibility requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
Expenses that AWF expects to cover under the scholarship will vary depending on the individual program selected by the scholarship recipient, but each scholarship is valued at a maximum cost of US$25,000. Those whose total costs for their studies exceed this figure must demonstrate that they have secured additional funding from other sources to enable them to complete their studies.
All applicants must:
* Be nationals of eligible countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Southern Sudan, South Africa, Zambia, Niger, Benin and Burkina Faso.
* Be 21-40 years of age.
* Have secured a place at an appropriate university and be ready to commence studies within one year of the award of the fellowship. Students applying to study in African universities will be given special consideration.
* Have exemplary work experience of not less than five years that demonstrates a strong commitment and outstanding motivation to the conservation of Africa’s natural heritage.
* Have a field research plan, which has a direct link or is relevant to AWF and host country conservation needs.
* Demonstrate that they will remain working in conservation in home country in order to use their skills to make a contribution to conservation. Applicants should submit a letter of recommendation or support from their employer to show that they are engaged in conservation in home country. If they are in the diaspora, they should get a letter of recommendation from a relevant government ministry to demonstrate their willingness to return to home country to work in conservation.
* Qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Individuals who have received a Charlotte Fellowship in the past and are planning to pursue or are pursuing another degree or would like extra funding are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
All application documents must be submitted to the address below by close of business July, 31st 2010. Successful candidates will be notified by August 15th, 2010. Only candidates that submit fully completed applications together with all supporting documentation will be considered. AWF reserves the right to verify the facts provided in each application to ensure that applicants have submitted the correct information. If AWF establishes that some of the facts submitted in an application are not correct, the application will be disqualified and where a fellowship has already been awarded, it will be cancelled.
The forms below must be filled out and submitted to the following address by July, 31st 2010.
AWF Charlotte Fellowship Program
African Wildlife Foundation
P.O. Box 48177
Nairobi 0010, Kenya
- Charlotte Conservation Fellows Information form (English) (French)
- 2010-2011 Application form (English) (French)
- Reference form (English) (charlotterefereeform2010_FR)
640 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Msc-PhD Scholarships from Charlotte Conservation Fellowship Program semoga informasi tentang Msc-PhD Scholarships from Charlotte Conservation Fellowship Program ini bermanfaat.