PhD Scholarships at DTU Nanotech
A number of PhD scholarships are available at the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, DTU Nanotech, starting in the summer/fall of 2011. The subject of the PhD project must be within one of the main research areas of the department:
- Cleanroom based micro- and nanofabrication
- Polymer micro- and nanoengineering
- Synthesis and self assembly of nanostructures
- Lab-on-a-chip technology
- Diagnostics and drug delivery
- Miniaturised sensor and energy technology
- Theory of micro- and nanosystems
Candidates should have (or soon obtain) a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with an equivalent academic level. Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin the PhD education before having received the grade.
To apply for these scholarships candidates must have an agreement with a supervisor at DTU Nanotech about a specified project. Therefore, for a candidate to be considered for the scholarships, endorsement and project description must be enclosed. See under “Application”.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarships are subject to academic approval and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the PhD programmes at DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD students at DTU. The period of employment is 3 years.
DTU needs diversity and supports equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, and ethnic background.
We must have your online application by 13 May 2011 at the latest. Please open the link “apply for this job online”, fill in the application form and attach all of the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list of publications(guidelines)
- A letter motivating the application (guidelines)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Conversion of grade averages to Danish grades (excel spreadsheet for the conversion)
- Description of the proposed research project (guidelines) (to be attached under “Attach other relevant file”)
- Endorsement by the DTU Nanotech supervisor (guidelines) (to be attached under “Attach other relevant file”)
Further information is available at PhD at the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology or by contacting senior consultant Anne Line Mikkelsen, phone +45 45255858, e-mail anne.line.mikkelsen at nanotech.dtu.dk
DTU Nanotech – the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology – is situated in the northern part of Copenhagen. DTU Nanotech is a centre of excellence in micro- and nanotechnology exploiting sciences across the traditional boundaries of technology, thereby enabling innovative solutions for the benefit of society. DTU Nanotech has approx. 200 people on its staff. With 40 % non-Danes, the department constitutes an international environment.
Application Deadline : 13 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
937 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarships at DTU Nanotech semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarships at DTU Nanotech ini bermanfaat.