Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln maka di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa Baru pendaftaranmahasiswabaru.net menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln
PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln
The PhD student will contribute to the cooperative research project “Identification of molecular markers for barley yellow dwarf virus (BYDV) resistance in maize” between the MPIPZ, the Julius Kühn Institute, and plant breeding companies. The overall objective of this research project is to set the stage for marker assisted breeding of BYDV resistant maize. In order to achieve this, the pheno- and genotypic variation for BYDV resistance in segregating populations of maize as well as in an association mapping population will be assessed.
The main tasks of the successful candidate are:
* Plan, perform, and analyze field and green house trials
* Genotype molecular markers in candidate genome regions
* Identify genome-regions contributing to phenotypic variation
* Analyse data and prepare scientific publications
Applicants should have a M.Sc. in agronomy or biology, or equivalent qualification. Basic knowledge of quantitative genetics and interest in population/quantitative genetic analyses is required. Practical experience with organizing, conducting, and analyzing field- and greenhouse experiments is highly advantageous.
Please send your detailed application by February 28, 2011 via email to Benjamin Stich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from disabled persons. It also aims to increase the percentage of female employees in fields in which they are underrepresented and therefore also expressly encourages woman to apply.
Website of institute: www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Visit official webiste.
674 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- Postdoctoral Scientist at MRC National Institute for Medical Research Division of Developmental NeurobiologyWe are recruiting for a 3-year Postdoctoral position within the National Institute for Medical Research. Our laboratory studies molecular and […]
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]
- PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS Project 6: Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host racesSupervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Grit KunertThe pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris), is actually a […]
- [Czech Republic] PhD Position in Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry at Charles University PhD Position in Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry at Charles University; PraguePhD position to work on the Exo70 family of cell morphogenesis regulators in Physcomitrella patens […]
- PhD Scholarships at Gottingen Graduate School in Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck […]
- PhD Student Position on Effects of Nanoparticles on Beneficial Soil Microbes and Crops Research Station ART requires PhD student position on Effects of nanoparticles on beneficial soil microbes and crops. The project is part of the Swiss National Research Programme […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln ini bermanfaat.