Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School maka di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa Baru pendaftaranmahasiswabaru.net menyampaikan tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School
PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School
Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CE
Giant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We just published the full antennal transcriptome and have access to the olfactory receptors. Here we suggest a PhD student project aimed at knocking down the expression of specific olfactory receptor proteins using virus introduced RNAi methodology. The manifestation of the knockdown will be tested in windtunnel and electrophysiological experiments.
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011.
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please visit our Official Website.
829 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS Project 6: Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host racesSupervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Grit KunertThe pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris), is actually a […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- International Doctoral Research Position in Criminal Law and Criminology, Germany Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law offers PhD Scholarship for National and International Applicants Study Subject: Criminal Law and CriminologyEmployer: Max […]
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany The Helmholtz International Research School `Molecular Neurobiology` offers: up to 10 PhD positions in Molecular NeurobiologyWe provide:* excellence in research* a comprehensive choice of […]
- PhD Scholarships at Gottingen Graduate School in Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck […]
- [Germany] PhD Student Fellowship in Natural Sciences at Friedrich Schiller University The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the German Excellence Initiative. It conceptionally combines different research areas (microbial communities, interactions […]
- PhD Fellowships, Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, Germany The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds awards PhD fellowships to outstanding junior scientists (max. age: 27 years) who wish to pursue an ambitious PhD project of approximately 3 years in basic […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School semoga informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School ini bermanfaat.