PhD Opportunity in Health Psychology at University of Bath
A unique opportunity for research, working alongside a public health delivery team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department for Health and undertake a fully funded 3 year PhD with a world class research centre. The PhD will be funded by NHS Wiltshire and will be working with a public health team to support the development of new lifestyle services. This unique opportunity invites a motivated student to bring the value of PhD level academic study into the heart of the public health agenda in Wiltshire.
NHS Wiltshire are putting evidence into practice in these areas:
- Self management of long term conditions
- Behaviour change
- A sustainable service model which will see the service into the future
The research should focus on one or more of these areas.
For further information contact L.Austin@Bath.ac.uk, Research Manager to the Centre, or Darrell.Gale@wiltshire.nhs.uk Consultant in Public Health at NHS Wiltshire. The start date of the studentship will be Monday 9 January 2012; however a different start date may be negotiated for the right candidate.
The Centre for Pain is based in the Department for Health official website at the University of Bath. The CPR is an international and interdisciplinary centre aimed at discovery, innovation, and technology development for the control of pain, and the amelioration of pain related suffering led by Professor Christopher Eccleston. See official website for more information.
Within the broad area of research outlined, the details of the research work programme will be designed together with the successful candidate. Duties will include:
- Successfully completing a PhD thesis
- Contributing to the Department for Health research activities including research presentations and publications
- Being an active member of the postgraduate student group and wider department
- Being an active member of the NHS Wiltshire Public Health Department
- It is essential that the applicant has a good first degree (upper second or first – or equivalent) in a Health or Social Science related discipline.
- Candidates would usually be expected to have a relevant Masters degree or have relevant research skills training
- A desire to work towards long-term goals and ability to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and IT literate
- To meet the English language requirements on our website
Fees and stipend:
The successful candidate will be supported for 3 years (For 201112 this will be approximately £13,590 stipend plus UK/EU tuition fees of £4,400 and a consumables allowance of £6,527 all subject to slight increase each year). Overseas students outside EU are eligible to apply, however they must be able to fund the additional amount due for overseas tuition fees.
How to apply:
You must submit an online application and all supporting documents by the closing date.
Please see the following link: official website for FULL DETAILS of how to apply.
Closing date: 31 October 2011
For informal enquiries contact Lisa Austin, e-mail: L.Austin@bath.ac.uk or tel 01225 386575
985 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Opportunity in Health Psychology at University of Bath semoga informasi tentang PhD Opportunity in Health Psychology at University of Bath ini bermanfaat.