Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Two Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Optimization for Air Traffic Management at University of Bristol maka di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa Baru pendaftaranmahasiswabaru.net menyampaikan tentang Two Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Optimization for Air Traffic Management at University of Bristol
Two Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Optimization for Air Traffic Management at University of Bristol
You will be the primary researcher on one of two projects developing optimization methods for use in Air Traffic Management (ATM). The first project is “Supervision of Route Optimizers” (SUPEROPT) and will focus on tailoring trajectory optimization to suit human supervision, developing formulations and interfaces that are intuitive to use and interpret. The other project is “Probabilistic Network Based Operations ATM R&D” (ONBOARD) and will investigate how to include uncertainty in large scale models of air traffic flow, leading to robust optimization and control of that flow.
Both of these projects are part of the Long Term and Innovative Research (WP E) package within the Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR) programme. SUPEROPT is led and carried out by the University of Bristol alone. ONBOARD is led by GMV and in collaboration with SkySoft-ATM. Both projects will involve collaboration with EUROCONTROL and SESAR.
You will be based in the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Bristol, supervised by Dr. Arthur Richards. Bristol is at the heart of the UK`s aerospace industry and the Department performs world-leading research in various relevant topics, including control and dynamics, fluid dynamics and advanced composites. In particular, you will be working in a group researching advanced control and planning methods for aerospace, including autonomy and control for spacecraft, Unmanned Air Vehicles, and air traffic.
You will be educated to PhD level or equivalent, with a strong background in numerical modelling and optimization. Furthermore, you will have practical experience of applying optimization, including strong algorithm development and programming skills. Experience of trajectory optimization or air traffic applications would be an advantage for either project. Familiarity with human-machine interfacing would be beneficial for SUPEROPT, but not essential. In addition to the research itself, you will be expected to contribute to, and sometimes lead, writing research papers, grant proposals, conference presentations and demonstrations.
For more information, see:
- Dr. Richards` web site at Official Website. The SESAR WPE website at Official Website. Both posts are fixed-term for 15 months starting June 2011 (SUPEROPT) or September 2011 (ONBOARD).
Grade: Level a in Pathway 2
Contact for informal enquiries:
Dr A G Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 0117 331 5534
Timescale of appointment :
Contract: Fixed Term Contract 15 months
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on 23 May 2011
790 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Studentship in Optimal Decision Making under Uncertainty at Imperial College London PhD Studentship: Untaxed bursary of £15,590 per annum plus UK/EU fees. UK nationals are eligible. Non-UK EU Students who have been in UK for three or more years, fulfilling the EPSRC […]
- PhD Studentships in Psychology, Cardiff University, UK Project title: Exploring and expanding statistical methods and their applications
How do researchers use and understand statistics, and how can statistical practice be improved? The […]
- 12 PhD positions at BioTiNet Network and 6 Post-doctoral positions BioTiNet Network offers 12 PhD positions (ESR=Early-Stage Researchers) and 6 post-doctoral positions (ER= Experienced Researchers) coming under different disciplines (Materials […]
- PhD Position in Geoprofile-driven Social Network Enrichment Internet technologies have created a fabric for information exchange far beyond the original intent to share information between humans. It has become a landscape where entities […]
- [UK] Postdoctoral Researcher in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics at University of Reading Postdoctoral Researcher in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics at University of Reading Overview We offer a 3-year post-doctoral position in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics within […]
- PhD Studentships in Aeroacoustics, University of Cambridge, UK 2 PhD Studentships in AeroacousticsDepartment of EngineeringVacancy Reference No: NA07937 Applications are invited for two PhD studentships that are a part of a new collaboration between […]
- International PhD Studentships in Aeroacoustics, University of Cambridge, UK Applications are invited for two PhD studentships that are a part of a new collaboration between Dyson Ltd and the Department of Engineering at Cambridge. The studentships are to […]
- [Germany] Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance (TV L 13)Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Germany)Institut zur Erforschung der Wirtschaftlichen EntwicklungApplication Deadline: July 31, […]
- [Netherland & Australia] Joint PhD opportunities at TU Eindhoven and Macquarie University Joint PhD OpportunitiesEindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands & Macquarie University, Sydney, AustraliaResearch topic: Context-Aware Ultra-Low Power Wireless Body Area Network […]
- Postdoctoral position in driver sleepiness detection at Chalmers University of Technology The postdoctoral fellow will join the Adaptive Systems group at the Division of Vehicle Engineering and Autonomous Systems, at the Department of Applied Mechanics. The postdoctoral work […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Two Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Optimization for Air Traffic Management at University of Bristol semoga informasi tentang Two Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Optimization for Air Traffic Management at University of Bristol ini bermanfaat.