Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications maka di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa Baru pendaftaranmahasiswabaru.net menyampaikan tentang University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications
University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications
Vacancy Reference No: NA06599
Principal Investigator: Dr H R Shercliff
The transport industry continuously seeks design and manufacturing solutions that enable lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. This includes hybrid structures involving different material classes (steel, titanium, aluminium and magnesium) and different material forms (rolled sheet, castings, and laminates). This project will focus on novel friction joining technologies for dissimilar material systems (friction stir, friction stir spot, and ultrasonic welding). It is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, EPSRC, and is in collaboration with Manchester University Materials Science Centre.
The research in Cambridge will focus on development of process models for metal flow and heat flow in friction processing, using finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics. Key challenges are:
- to develop and model a simple test rig to determine the material deformation response at the high temperatures and strain-rates characteristic of friction stir processing;
- to develop computationally efficient process models to optimise tool designs and welding conditions in dissimilar alloy joints;
- to develop a new process model for ultrasonic spot welding.
The Manchester group will be responsible for making the instrumented test welds on their in-house friction stir and ultrasonic welding machines, and for the detailed characterisation and modelling of microstructure evolution and interface reactions. Both groups will undertake mechanical testing of a range of joint geometries and material combinations.
The project will involve close collaboration with a current PhD student in Cambridge, and frequent visits to the project partners in the University of Manchester.
Applicants should have a 1st or 2.1 degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Engineering Materials. Some previous experience of numerical modelling would be preferred.
Standard EPSRC studentship (PhD or MPhil) including tuition fees for UK/EU students only (current tax-free maintenance stipend: £13,290 per year). Fully self-funded applicants of appropriate academic standing from outside the EU may be considered.
Start Date: 1 October 2010 or 1 January 2011
Application Deadline: 30 June (for October start) or 31 October (for January start).
For further information and to apply, send a CV to: Dr H R Shercliff, Cambridge University, Engineering Department, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK, Phone: +44 (0)1223 332627, Fax: +44 (0)1223 332662, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD – 3 years MPhil – 1 Year
Closing date: 31 October 2010.
562 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Studentship in Material Physics at UMET (Unité Matériaux et Transformations) PhD studentship in Origine and Nature of Metastable Intermetallic Compounds Produced by Thermomechanical Joining Processes of Metals in at UMET (Unité Matériaux et […]
- Scholarships in Materials and Surface Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering, DTU, Denmark Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for 3 Ph.D. in Materials and Surface Technology related to strengthen our strategic research activities in Materials in Sustainable Energy […]
- 3 PhD Scholarships in Materials and Surface Technology Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for 3 Ph.D. in Materials and Surface Technology related to strengthen our strategic research activities in Materials in Sustainable […]
- 5 PhD Scholarships in ICT at Aalborg University At the Faculties of Engineering, Science and Medicine 5 PhD stipends are available within the general study programmes Wireless Communication and Computer Science. The stipends are open […]
- PhD Studentship, 3D Electron Microtomography of Catalysts, University of Cambridge, UK PhD Studentship in 3D Electron Microtomography of CatalystsDepartment of Chemical Engineering and BiotechnologyVacancy Reference No: NP07094Carbon laydown or ‘coking’ is usually thought of […]
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Korea School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Computer Systems & NetworksTheoretical Computer ScienceApplied ComputingCommunication, Control, & Signal ProcessingAnalog, Digital & RF […]
- Phd Scholarship Position at Department of Electrical Energy, Systems and Automation Development of a multipurpose micromagnetic and micromechanical simulation platform A PhD position is available to join the research team that develops the multipurpose magnetic […]
- PhD position in Biocomposites at KTH Royal Institute of Technology KTH School of Chemical Science and Engineering seeks a PhD student in Biocomposites.KTH is the largest technical university in Sweden. Education and research cover a broad spectrum within […]
- PhD Positions in Computer Science at Dalian University of Technology, China The Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) Research Group at School of Software, Dalian University of Technology (DUT) conducts interdisciplinary, application-driven academic research in the broad […]
- United Kingdom – EPSRC PhD Studentships in System Engineering at University of Leeds EPSRC PhD StudentshipsDistributed system evaluation through fault injection (3 years) Evolutionary Service-Oriented Architecture (3 years) This project is appropriate for a software […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications semoga informasi tentang University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications ini bermanfaat.